DMY projects in the Commonwealth of Virginia
On January 11, 2010, DMY Engineering Consultants was born. In just six years DMY grew from an AASHTO certified lab operating out of our founder Wayne Ma’s garage, to a 50-person firm with three offices, nine Professional Engineers and a presence at some of the largest project sites in the Washington metropolitan area. All of this would have been impossible without the hard work and dedication of our staff and the trust of our many clients and partners. We look forward to many more years of success and many more anniversary celebrations!
- January 11, 2010 – DMY is founded by Wayne Ma, PE, offering geotechnical and construction materials testing services
- 2010 – DMY began to work on public sector projects including Phase I of the Dulles Metrorail Silver Line
- 2011 – Wamiq Hamid, PE and Paul Zhang, PE joined the firm as Vice Presidents
- 2012 – DMY added drilling to its line of services
- 2013 – DMY Capitol, a DMY affiliate company, was founded to better serve clients in the District of Columbia
- 2014 – DMY established its marketing/business development department led by David Arwood
- 2015 – DMY opened an office in Gaithersburg, Maryland led by Bob Holstead, PE
- 2015 – DMY added facilities/building enclosure services led by Steven Arthur and environmental services led by Jeffery H. Mitchell, PG, LRS
Mr. Daniel Pao has over thirteen years of drilling experience in various residential and commercial projects in the Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania area. He is very familiar with the local geology and drilling requirements and is very knowledgeable in roadway soil borings and post-hole clean-up and repair as well as proper drill rig access and set-up in live traffic. Mr. Pao has operated various drill rigs, including CME 45C, CME 55LC, CME 550, CME 75, CME 55, Acker Scout, Diedrich D50, Simco Skid Rig, Little Beaver Mechanical Drill, as well as Tripod. He has successfully performed drilling related tasks such as: Hollow Stem auger drilling, NW/L rock coring, Mud Rotary drilling, Monitoring Well Installation, Seismic Geophone Installation, Inclinometer Installation, Temporary Piezometer, Collaboration with Pressure Meter testing, Percolation Test Pipe Installation, Infiltration Testing, DCP testing, and Well Abandonment. Mr. Pao also has experience managing drill crews who speak foreign languages. He is fluent in English, Spanish, and Mandarin Chinese.
Craig “Sonny” Sequist has over 21 years of experience drilling on commercial, residential and public sector project sites in Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., Tennessee, and North Carolina. He is familiar with both the geography and the drilling and concrete coring requirements throughout the Mid-Atlantic. Sonny has operated various drill rigs and concrete coring machines, including CME75, 300x55CME, MCE 550x, AD2, John Deer 650 Dozer, as well as Tripod, and he is trained in Heavy Equipment Doer. He has successfully performed drilling related tasks such as: Mud Rotary drilling, Pressure Meter testing, CPT testing, NQ3, Rock Coring, Packer Testing, Gus Sampler, Pitcher Sampler, and Vein Sheer. Sonny manages all drilling activity in the Commonwealth of Virginia and manages multiple drilling crews.
This project involved the design and construction of a 23.1-mile extension of the existing 103-mile long WMATA rail system. Upon completion, Dulles Metrorail will provide high-quality, high-capacity transit service in the Dulles Corridor. New Metrorail service in the corridor will result in travel time savings between the corridor and downtown D.C., expand the […]
- DMY Welcomes Francis Abreu, Sr. as Principal EngineerJuly 24, 2020 - 7:46 pm
- DMY Northern Virginia Office Has Moved To Chantilly!August 22, 2019 - 5:43 pm
- DMY Celebrates Tenth AnniversaryApril 1, 2019 - 3:43 pm
- Happy Holidays From DMY!December 17, 2018 - 3:08 pm
- DMY Starts Work On Warrenton InterchangeMay 18, 2018 - 3:10 pm
Offering exceptional client service throughout the Washington metropolitan area of Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. A Minority owned firm specializing in geotechnical engineering, Materials Testing, drilling and third party inspections.
DMY Engineering Consultants Inc. was founded in 2009 to provide expert geotechnical services to clients throughout the Washington metropolitan region.
Our team of experts are well known for providing superior client service and innovative solutions to complex problems. Our in house AASHTO certified laboratory and company-owned drilling rigs allow us to meet client needs quickly and efficiently, and allow us to live up to our firm's guiding philosophy of "Experts In Handling Tight Deadlines."
DMY Engineering Consultants Inc. would love to speak with you about our services, capabilities and the ways we can add value to your team.
4170 Lafayette Center Drive, Suite 500, Chantilly, Virginia 20151
DMY Engineering Consultants Inc. ensures non-discrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency can contact Wayne Ma at 703.665.0586 ext. 110. Call 711 for TTY/TDD.