Job Title: Civil Engineer
Employer: DMY Engineering Consultants Inc.
Worksite: 4170 Lafayette Center Dr. Suite 500, Chantilly, VA 20151
- Perform geotechnical engineering duties in planning, designing, and inspecting construction of structures and facilities, such as roads, bridges, and water and sewage systems.
- Perform field investigations such as developing subsurface investigation plan, conducting site reconnaissance, performing field infiltration testing, logging field boring and test pit, performing in-situ geotechnical and geophysical testing, collecting geotechnical instrumentation data, coordinating field work with stakeholders.
- Perform laboratory testing and data processing.
- Perform geotechnical engineering analyses and design such as foundation design, retaining structure design, pavement design, slope stability analyses, numerical simulation, etc.
- Prepare geotechnical documents such as memorandum, data report, engineering report, presentation, publication, CAD drawing, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related, with course works in Geotechnical and Geological Engineering.
- Geotechnical laboratory testing training.
- Engineer-in-Training Certificate.
- Travel is required from the office to project sites in Maryland, Virginia, or DC to perform field investigation about once or twice a week.
To Apply: Mail CV with Job# to DMY Engineering Consultants Inc., 4170 Lafayette Center Dr. Suite 500, Chantilly, VA 20151.
DMY Engineering Consultants Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. DMY offers equal opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.