Job Title: Civil Engineer
Employer: DMY Engineering Consultants Inc.
Worksite: 4170 Lafayette Center Dr. Suite 500, Chantilly, VA 20151
- Perform geotechnical engineering duties in planning, designing, and inspecting construction of structures and facilities, such as roads, bridges, and water and sewage systems.
- Perform field investigations such as developing subsurface investigation plan, conducting site reconnaissance, performing field infiltration testing, logging field boring and test pit, performing in-situ geotechnical and geophysical testing, collecting geotechnical instrumentation data, coordinating field work with stakeholders.
- Perform laboratory testing and data processing.
- Perform geotechnical engineering analyses and design such as foundation design, retaining structure design, pavement design, slope stability analyses, numerical simulation, etc.
- Prepare geotechnical documents such as memorandum, data report, engineering report, presentation, publication, CAD drawing, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related, with course works in Geotechnical and Geological Engineering.
- Geotechnical laboratory testing training.
- Engineer-in-Training Certificate.
- Travel is required from the office to project sites in Maryland, Virginia, or DC to perform field investigation about once or twice a week.
To Apply: Mail CV with Job# to DMY Engineering Consultants Inc., 4170 Lafayette Center Dr. Suite 500, Chantilly, VA 20151.