DMY’s team is growing and we have an opportunity for an entry level Laboratory Materials Testing Technician to perform laboratory tests for soil and concrete.
- Assist in preparing samples for laboratory analysis and performing laboratory analysis of soil, concrete and other materials.
- Perform sampling and testing of concrete in accordance with ASTM and project specifications
- Test and work in accordance with Company safety policies
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data
- Pay Rate: $12 to $17 per hour.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Reliability – must be able to arrive at designated project sites prior to scheduled times
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (MVR) policy
- Training will also be provided to the right candidate.
- 0 -3 years + Construction Materials Testing/Laboratory experience either on commercial projects or on transportation construction projects
- Ability stoop, kneel and to routinely lift and carry 50 pounds
- Clean driving record and capable of being insured for driving company vehicles
- Able to work in variable outside conditions
DMY Engineering Consultants Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. DMY offers equal opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.